It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Contributor information from RTC snapshots

Mohan K M (1111511) | asked Apr 26 '10, 2:42 a.m.
Dear All,
We are in the process of building some kind of capacity management to handle the tasks better. As part of this, to start with, we would like to have couple of BIRT reports built which can get us contributor details such as
    * Team Area / Project area he belongs to
    * all the assignments he has in hand as of today
    * percentage of time he is allocated for each of them

I was browsing through the snapshots offered by RTC and found that we can pull out information like user name, mailid and type of license he/she allocated with. But failed to find any tables which can give us the information Am looking for.

Any guidance / pointer on this direction would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan.

4 answers

permanent link
Mohan K M (1111511) | answered Apr 28 '10, 1:39 a.m.
Hi All,
Can somebody tell me which table of JAZZDB contains the user information such as:
    * Work Location
    * Work Assignments
    * Work Days

Failed to find it myself and any pointers in this direction would be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan.

permanent link
Mohan K M (1111511) | answered Apr 29 '10, 4:12 a.m.
Hi All,
Managed to get hold of contributor assignment information. It was available in the table COMMON_SNAPSHOT.CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMNET; Had noticed this table before also, but there was no data present then. Observed that entries in this table will be made ONLY after a change is made assignments made on the UI and saved (off course need to update the snapshots after that). Though UI was showing the assignment details before, it would not available in the table until a change is made on the UI and saved.

Thanks, Mohan

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Apr 29 '10, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
COMMON_SNAPSHOT.CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMNET keeps the history of explicit assignments. It does not contain the implicit assignments. The table won't also show assignment deletions. So I doubt it will usefull for the kind of report you are developing.

So I think you need to use the LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT table which will give you the latest assignment data. Again this table will give you the explicit assignment values. You will need to look at the contributor Process Area membership data and compute the explicit assignments.

permanent link
Mohan K M (1111511) | answered Apr 30 '10, 4:54 a.m.
Hi Rafik,
Thanks for the reply. Observed that LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT table remains empty always. Requesting you to let me know any other place I get these details pulled out from.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.