It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access to "team area" information

Victor Campbell (3502618) | asked Apr 23 '10, 2:58 p.m.
In window "team artifacts" --> "my Team Areas", by selecting a user in a team area, I can see all the team areas in all the projects the user belongs to. I would like to also get a list of the team areas a user belongs to without having to find him in a project first. I cannot seem to find out how to do this, is it possible?

4 answers

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered Apr 27 '10, 11:52 a.m.
I guess I'll answer my own question. Our auditors are real big on keeping the access roles clean. Project managers can add or remove users at their discretion, but if a user is not assigned to any project, we are obligated to remove him. Since apparently a user needs to belong to a project so we can see what other projects he is assigned to, we will assign all users to a "housekeeping" project, so we can monitor what other projects the users belong to.

permanent link
Thomas Yu (45183) | answered Apr 27 '10, 8:56 p.m.
In window "team artifacts" --> "my Team Areas", by selecting a user in a team area, I can see all the team areas in all the projects the user belongs to. I would like to also get a list of the team areas a user belongs to without having to find him in a project first. I cannot seem to find out how to do this, is it possible?

Also,you can get a user's all team areas without having to know their proect area from the Team Areas section of Users Editor.

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered Apr 28 '10, 9:00 a.m.
Thomas,
I still do not know how to do what you are saying. I can view the "Team Areas" in the user editor, but I do not know how to bring the user editor up without the user first being attached to my project in my "Team Organization". How do I bring up the user editor for a user that is not a member of any project?

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered Apr 28 '10, 10:09 a.m.
I found it!!! Right click on my repository connection, select Administer --> Open Users, enter asterisk for all users, select user. Knowing this is called a "user editor" allowed me to find it in the help documentation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.