It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the time of commiting codes when use scm command line

feng qian (1322) | asked Jul 11 '12, 5:40 a.m.
edited Jul 11 '12, 2:04 p.m. by Tim Mok (6.6k38)
Hi all
I am a guy from ibm websphere team, I am writing some codes to get the history of committing codes.
scm history -u  -P  -v,
I can get the commit history, but I can't get the time of every commit.

How can I can the time?

Or I just want to get the history after some time point, for example get the history after 2012.06.30 12:00 am
How can I do like this?

Thanks a lot!

4 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jul 11 '12, 4:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can only get the last modified date of the change set from the command line. In the eclipse UI, you can show the history of the file and then turn on "Show Check-In History" to get the check in times. 

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 12 '12, 4:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you on 3.x? In 4.0, history subcommand was updated to print the date & time. Also in 4.0, you can use the "list changesets" subcommand to list the change sets based on various criteria such as created before/after, creator, component, workspace, name or path of the item etc.

permanent link
feng qian (1322) | answered Jul 12 '12, 6:42 a.m.
Is it true? 4.0 is so cool?! But my rtc codes server use rtc3.x, could I use 4.0 client to call 3.x server?

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 12 '12, 7:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, you cannot use 4.0 client with 3.x server but the 3.x client will work with the 4.0 server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.