It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deliver files from stream to stream in RTC SCM ?

K p (611216) | asked Apr 12 '10, 4:24 p.m.
Hi,

I have created three 3(Dev, UAT and Prod) streams in RTC project. I have successfully delivered files from my workspace to Dev steam. Now Im trying to move files from Dev to UAT stream. Can we do that ? Or how does RTC stream strategy works ?

Please share your experience with me.

Thanks,
Kiran

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Apr 12 '10, 7:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have created three 3(Dev, UAT and Prod) streams in RTC project. I have successfully delivered files from my workspace to Dev steam. Now Im trying to move files from Dev to UAT stream. Can we do that ? Or how does RTC stream strategy works ?

Thanks,
Kiran

Hi Kiran

The way to move files between stream is load up your repository workspace from your Dev stream (you probably have this set up already). Then change the flow target of the repository workspace to your other stream (UAT) and Deliver.

Changing flow targets is most likely a right-button option on anywhere you see the repository workspace (I don't have RTC in front of me to check at the moment)

If you need more explanation, let me know and I will try and give you more specific instructions (or a pointer to better instructions)

anthony

permanent link
K p (611216) | answered Apr 13 '10, 9:18 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks,
Kiran

Hi Kiran

The way to move files between stream is load up your repository workspace from your Dev stream (you probably have this set up already). Then change the flow target of the repository workspace to your other stream (UAT) and Deliver.

Changing flow targets is most likely a right-button option on anywhere you see the repository workspace (I don't have RTC in front of me to check at the moment)

If you need more explanation, let me know and I will try and give you more specific instructions (or a pointer to better instructions)

anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your information. Im struck loading the files from Dev Stream. How do I do that ? Could you please provide instructions for the above information ? That will be helpful.

Thanks,
Kiran

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.