It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ERROR: An error occurred while creating database tables

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | asked Apr 07 '10, 1:52 p.m.
I started having a series of problems while integrating RRC with RQM. Other people here had the same problem and I decided to start from scratch. But now I can't even create the database tables on Step 2 of the Server Configuration. I can connect to the DB2 database I created (the db was created using ts size of 8k and UTf-8, just like recommended in the installation roadmap), but when I click the Create tables button, I get the following error:

An error occurred while creating database tables. Please try again.
The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1390E An exception occurred creating user temporary tablespace. at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.internalCreateTempTablespace(Db2Provider.java:297) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.prepareDbForInitialization(Db2Provider.java:267) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy9.prepareDbForInitialization(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.AbstractDatabaseService.internalCreateAllSchemas(AbstractDatabaseService.java:163) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService$1.run(DatabaseCreationService.java:47) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionRunnable.run(ConnectionRunnable.java:34) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$Transaction.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:466) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$1.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:292) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:331) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy10.withCurrentConnection(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:288) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runExclusive(RepositoryDatabase.java:267) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TransactionService.runExclusive(TransactionService.java:89) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy43.runExclusive(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService.createAllSchemas(DatabaseCreationService.java:42) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService.createAllSchemas(DatabaseCreationService.java:38) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:370) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:356) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy62.createAllSchemas(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.DatabaseCreationRestService$1.run(DatabaseCreationRestService.java:38) Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-20317, SQLSTATE=55060, SQLERRMC=null, DRIVER=3.53.70 at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.bd.a(bd.java:679) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.bd.a(bd.java:60) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.bd.a(bd.java:127) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.fm.b(fm.java:2132) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.fm.c(fm.java:2115) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.k(db.java:353) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.db.a(db.java:59) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.t.a(t.java:50) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.tb.b(tb.java:200) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.gm.Zb(gm.java:2445) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.gm.e(gm.java:3287) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.gm.Tb(gm.java:1901) at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.gm.execute(gm.java:1885) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.stat.PreparedStatementStatWrapper.execute(PreparedStatementStatWrapper.java:51) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.errlog.PreparedStatementErrLogWrapper.execute(PreparedStatementErrLogWrapper.java:65) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.leak.PreparedStatementLeakWrapper.execute(PreparedStatementLeakWrapper.java:50) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.AbstractDbProvider.executeStatement(AbstractDbProvider.java:482) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.executeStatement(Db2Provider.java:480) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.createTempTablespace(Db2Provider.java:373) at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.internalCreateTempTablespace(Db2Provider.java:293) ... 45 more

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled everything. RRC, RQM and DB2. Right now, I have just installed DB2, created the database, installed RR and started configuring it... but I got this problem.

Because I have started from scratch, I have no idea how to solve this problem. If anyone can give me a hint it will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

10 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 07 '10, 2:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Now when you uninstalled did you also delete the DB2 directories where the database were created? I ask because the error is when creating the tables and I am wondering if it thinks the data already exists.

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered Apr 07 '10, 2:15 p.m.
Hi, thank you for the response.

Yes, I did delete both the DB2 and the SQLLIB folders prior to reinstalling DB2.

I have also tried to recreate the db with ts size of 32k, instead of 8k (although 8k is the recommended), but still got the same problem.

Thank you

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered Apr 08 '10, 1:27 p.m.
I have no more ideas how to solve this. Check out what I did:
- Uninstalled the JVM and upgraded it to IBM JRE 6
- Uninstalled DB2, deleted the SQLLIB and DB2 folders
- Uninstalled RRC and deleted the RRCS20 folder
- Cleaned the Temp folder from Windows XP
All of this rebooting between the actions...
Then I reinstalled everything from scratch, but I still get the same error message.

The only thing I didn't do was format the computer... unfortunately, that's not an option...

If anyone has any other idea, I'll really appreciate it...

Thank you

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered Apr 09 '10, 10:26 a.m.
Problem solved.

The DB2 database needs to be created with Automatic Storage.

I don't know why I was creating the db with Manual Storage, but the Installation roadmap does not specify that.

Anyway, once the db was created correctly, I got past the tables creation.

Thank you so much the help.

permanent link
Emanoella Oliveira (3685) | answered May 07 '10, 8:57 a.m.
Problem solved.

The DB2 database needs to be created with Automatic Storage.

I don't know why I was creating the db with Manual Storage, but the Installation roadmap does not specify that.

Anyway, once the db was created correctly, I got past the tables creation.

Thank you so much the help.

Ol eu tambm criei o database com o Automatic Storage, mas mesmo assim, ainda continuo com esse erro, no consigo criar as tabelas, est dando o seguinte erro : CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered May 07 '10, 9:40 a.m.
Hello, couple of questions:

1 - did you create the database with the tablespace size of 8k or more?
2 - is the db2 version 9.5 or later?

Hope this helps
Eduardo

permanent link
Emanoella Oliveira (3685) | answered May 07 '10, 10:18 a.m.
Hello, couple of questions:

1 - did you create the database with the tablespace size of 8k or more?
2 - is the db2 version 9.5 or later?

Hope this helps
Eduardo

Ol,

1 - Criei o banco com tablespace size de 16k
2 - A verso do banco 9.7

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered May 07 '10, 10:46 a.m.
Hello.

As far as database size you should have no problems.

As far as the DB2 version, I read in this topic (http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24156) that 9.7 is not supported.

Hope this helps
Eduardo

permanent link
tianyi wang (1655) | answered Jul 26 '10, 4:19 a.m.
I use RRC 2.0.0.2 iFix 1 with DB2 9.7 enterprise edition。

1,The DB2 name must be jazz? or can any string?

2,I create a empty DB, named the DB "jazz", and create table, but a lot of errors.

follow this url:http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rrc/sysreq/

"IBM DB2 9.7 is also now supported."

I must be del all of things in c:\DB2 ?

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Jun 18 '14, 7:46 a.m.
Hi All,

We encountered the same problem and we figured out that this error message is also thrown when the database version is not compatible with the CLM/RELM.  Please make sure that your db2 version is listed in the supported software.

regards,
Somashakar Kannan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.