It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is adding files with .log extensions supported?

Walter Mansur (63613017) | asked Mar 29 '10, 1:36 p.m.
A user here using the RTC Eclipse client is trying to add files that are named "changes.log" to a workspace so that he can deliver them to the project. He said that it is very important that they are added to source control. When he adds them to the folder for the workspace and refreshes his workspace using the Pending changes views, the files with .log extensions are not picked up as "Outgoing Changes". Any other new files that do not have that extension are picked up, as expected.

I did a test of this myself and sure enough, if I try to add a new file "test.log" to a workspace, the file "test.log" is not picked up as an "Outgoing Change" in my workspace. I checked the .jazzignore files for the project in question and the string "*.log" is not in any of them.

Thanks,

-Walter

One answer

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Mar 29 '10, 4:25 p.m.
Adding files with .log extensions is supported, as long as that extension is not in the "Ignored Resources" list. I found the "Ignored Resources" list where "*.log" was checked off. That was causing the files with a ".log" extension to not show up in the Pending Changes view. After unchecking that selection, files with ".log" extensions that are to be added to RTC now show up in the Pending Changes view

This list is found under Windows->Preferences->Team->Ignored Resources.

A user here using the RTC Eclipse client is trying to add files that are named "changes.log" to a workspace so that he can deliver them to the project. He said that it is very important that they are added to source control. When he adds them to the folder for the workspace and refreshes his workspace using the Pending changes views, the files with .log extensions are not picked up as "Outgoing Changes". Any other new files that do not have that extension are picked up, as expected.

I did a test of this myself and sure enough, if I try to add a new file "test.log" to a workspace, the file "test.log" is not picked up as an "Outgoing Change" in my workspace. I checked the .jazzignore files for the project in question and the string "*.log" is not in any of them.

Thanks,

-Walter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.