It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can anyone confirm a users roles are inherited from parent p

Erik anderson (38315029) | asked Mar 24 '10, 5:06 p.m.
Say I'm a member of the project area with "Role X" and also a member of a team area with "Role Y" role. If I try an action on an artifact owned by the team area (eg. save build def), does it evaluate permissions using "Role X", "Role Y", and "default" against the team area process configuration and if not found travel up the hierarchy until it find's one explicitly set (on or off)?

Is there documentation that described this behavior?

One answer

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Mar 25 '10, 3:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Say I'm a member of the project area with "Role X" and also a member of a team area with "Role Y" role. If I try an action on an artifact owned by the team area (eg. save build def), does it evaluate permissions using "Role X", "Role Y", and "default" against the team area process configuration and if not found travel up the hierarchy until it find's one explicitly set (on or off)?

Is there documentation that described this behavior?

Hi Erik,

The answer to your question is yes.

Please have a look at - http://jazz.net/library/article/291 for detailed documentation.

Thanks,
Sridevi
Jazz Process Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.