It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Compilation errors in jazz build

Kaipa Sudheernath Reddy (1128) | asked Nov 30 '15, 1:32 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '17, 11:49 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hi
  When I request a build in JKE banking sample application,it is showing build is successful and showing some compilation errors,details follows here.Can you help me to resolve this issue.

1. ERROR in /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/JKEBuild/I20151130-0421/JKEBusinessData/src/com/jke/beans/AccountBean.java (at line 112)
    [javac]     accountObj.put("accountNumber", new Long(getAccountNumber()));
    [javac]     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 2. ERROR in /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/JKEBuild/I20151130-0421/JKEJavaUI/src/com/jke/ui/SimpleHttpClient.java (at line 54)
    [javac]     sb.append(line);
    [javac]     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Accepted answer

permanent link
Keaton Willis (31112) | answered Feb 12 '17, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I had this same error.  Turns out it was because the Jazz Build Engine was starting up with the "-vm" option pointing to a JDK of version 1.8.  Only 1.7 is supported with RTC v6.0.1.  Double check your JDK version being used by your JBE.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 21 '17, 2:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The JDK is very sensitive to the SDK. Also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/the-day-the-jbe-stood-still/ and please note there is now a 32 and 64 bit version available for certain architectures. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.