It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

multi Tomcats coexistence - as win services

Steve Wittie (1175) | asked Mar 19 '10, 3:19 p.m.
Folks, the instructions for making tomcat a service seem to breakdown when using the tomcatw5 tool. I can make a different service name for each of the 3 application tomcat servers, RRC, RTC, RQM using the service.bat script in each bin directory, something like this: service.bat install rrctomcat and service.bat rtctomcat, etc.... That will create different win service names...
BUT - when I use the tomcatw5 tool to edit the properties of the service, i get a message that the service name does not exist. It seems to only like the default service name that service.bat uses if you run it without a name variable... Like this service.bat install - which names the service tomcat5. And tomcat5 seems to be the only service namethat tomcat5w will edit.... I tried to run tomcat5w from a CMD prompt, like this ... tomcat5w rrctomcat - I get an error from tomcatw5 "unknown command line option" see manual.... Is there a manual? is there a way to tell tomcat5w to edit a specific service name and NOT just the default?

2 answers

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Mar 22 '10, 6:32 a.m.
Check this technote: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21410222

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 22 '10, 8:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Steve,

try google. The Apache help allows to set the service name while installing.

E.g.
service.bat install jazztest
will create a service with name jazztest

To configure that later use

tomcat5w //ES//jazztest

Folks, the instructions for making tomcat a service seem to breakdown when using the tomcatw5 tool. I can make a different service name for each of the 3 application tomcat servers, RRC, RTC, RQM using the service.bat script in each bin directory, something like this: service.bat install rrctomcat and service.bat rtctomcat, etc.... That will create different win service names...
BUT - when I use the tomcatw5 tool to edit the properties of the service, i get a message that the service name does not exist. It seems to only like the default service name that service.bat uses if you run it without a name variable... Like this service.bat install - which names the service tomcat5. And tomcat5 seems to be the only service namethat tomcat5w will edit.... I tried to run tomcat5w from a CMD prompt, like this ... tomcat5w rrctomcat - I get an error from tomcatw5 "unknown command line option" see manual.... Is there a manual? is there a way to tell tomcat5w to edit a specific service name and NOT just the default?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.