It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse client 2.0.0.1 compatiblity after upgrad

Narayanan Potti (27037679) | asked Mar 18 '10, 3:53 p.m.
Hello

The jazz team server in my environment is version 2.0.0.1 installed on Windows server 2003 machine. I am planning to upgrade it to the IBM recommended version which is 2.0.0.2 iFix 1.

The developers here are currently using RTC Eclipse client 2.0.0.1. Can someone please let me know if Eclipse clients need to be upgraded to 2.0.0.2 iFix 1 in order to be compatible with Jazz team server 2.0.0.2 iFix 1. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You
NP

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 19 '10, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello

The jazz team server in my environment is version 2.0.0.1 installed on Windows server 2003 machine. I am planning to upgrade it to the IBM recommended version which is 2.0.0.2 iFix 1.

The developers here are currently using RTC Eclipse client 2.0.0.1. Can someone please let me know if Eclipse clients need to be upgraded to 2.0.0.2 iFix 1 in order to be compatible with Jazz team server 2.0.0.2 iFix 1. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You
NP
It will be compatible for the most part. 2.0.0.2 introduced support for checking in symbolic links. This would require your team to use the 2.0.0.2 client to use this new feature. Older clients will get a message to upgrade when encountering change sets containing symbolic links

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.