It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to have RTC server return xml w/ IP address?

WenHsin Lee (5194) | asked Jun 07 '10, 6:21 p.m.
Hi,

I have installed Jazz Team server with RTC on a machine which doesn't have a static IP and use RTC SDK 2.0 to access work items in RTC server and the returned XML pages have the urls with host name in it.

I wonder if there is a configuration/server flag that we can set to have RTC server return the xml pages with IP address, not host name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Winson

One answer

permanent link
WenHsin Lee (5194) | answered Jun 07 '10, 7:01 p.m.
Hi,

I have installed Jazz Team server with RTC on a machine which doesn't have a static IP and use RTC SDK 2.0 to access work items in RTC server and the returned XML pages have the urls with host name in it.

I wonder if there is a configuration/server flag that we can set to have RTC server return the xml pages with IP address, not host name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Winson

Looks like I can achieve this by assigning host name to be the machine's IP address through Server/Advanced Properties/com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.internal.ServletConfigurationService/Host Name

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.