It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Make line numbers visible in status bar

Nils Brubaker (6121) | asked Mar 12 '10, 12:17 p.m.
When viewing a Java file in the Java editor, while in the Java perspective, I cannot get the line number to show up in the status bar of my Rational Team Concert 2.0 window. The right half of the status bar line looks something like this:

| Writable | Smart Insert :

The colon (:) above is actually a dotted vertical line which marks the beginning of another toolbar, and there is a full 2+ inches of empty space after it, up to the right border of the RTC window. The line number of the current file should appear after the words "Smart Insert".

It looks like the toolbar containing the line number is truncated by the adjacent empty toolbar. I try to move the empty toolbar to another line, but it won't move. I cannot figure out how to hide the empty toolbar. The only way to expose the line number is to move the toolbar to the left, right or top, but then it takes up real estate in those locations and reduces overall real estate in RTC. How can I get rid of an unwanted, empty toolbar?

One answer

permanent link
Aalim Lakhani (111) | answered Sep 06 '12, 10:11 a.m.
 I ran into the same thing.  I resolved this by grabbing the empty toolbar and pulling it to the right until the mouse is above the dropdown list.  Select the dropdown and choose configure, then cancel the preferences dialog and the empty toolbar is gone.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.