It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Specification of log files

Keith Mantell (4612417) | asked Mar 08 '10, 3:38 p.m.
Hi,

Can anyone point me to a specification of what can be logged for the RTC server. I know that log4j is flexible, but is there a definition of what could be captured?

Thanks,
Keith

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Mar 29 '10, 3:53 a.m.
In jazz.log there are logged data more to diagnose Jazz server problems, not to trace user actions. I don't think it can be useful for the anuone except situation when problems with server appear.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9185201) | answered Aug 09 '12, 12:02 p.m.
Here's one I'd like to ask about:  What about logging of license assignments ?  Here's a real situation I'm trying to PD:  User cannot do RTC source activity because RTC claims user has no license assigned, but viewing the user in JTS, CLM application and via repotools -exportUsers user does have the proper license assigned.

Is it possible to configure log4j to log license check outs ?    My JTS shows "No license Denials" for the Developer-Floating over the time frame of this issue, nor does the "used" licenses ever hit the threshold.

I've not been able to locate any messages that say "I couldn't give this user a license".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.