It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Switching Express-C server from Derby to SQLServer

Farid Zidan (161) | asked Mar 04 '10, 2:00 p.m.
I have installed Rational Team Concert EXPRESS-C in Windows XP SP3 successfully and it is running. Is it possible to switch from the Derby database to another DBMS such as SQLServer, Oracle or DB2?

When I try to re-do the server setup up to use SQLServer I am able to successfully connect to the SQLServer database but Create Tables fails. Here is the error message:

CRJAZ1173I Service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.IDatabaseCreationRestService" is not available.

6 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 04 '10, 5:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have installed Rational Team Concert EXPRESS-C in Windows XP SP3 successfully and it is running. Is it possible to switch from the Derby database to another DBMS such as SQLServer, Oracle or DB2?

When I try to re-do the server setup up to use SQLServer I am able to successfully connect to the SQLServer database but Create Tables fails. Here is the error message:

CRJAZ1173I Service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.IDatabaseCreationRestService" is not available.

Hi

Have you followed all the steps to use SQLServer? Once that works (and apologies if that is what you did and you get the error message), you should be able use repotools to move your existing database to SQLServer.

Also - check your Express-C version number. 2.0.0.2 definitely supports SQLServer, 1.x did not.

anthony

permanent link
Farid Zidan (161) | answered Mar 04 '10, 5:21 p.m.

Have you followed all the steps to use SQLServer? Once that works (and apologies if that is what you did and you get the error message), you should be able use repotools to move your existing database to SQLServer.

Also - check your Express-C version number. 2.0.0.2 definitely supports SQLServer, 1.x did not.

anthony

I followed all the steps and the setup page connects to SQLServer successfully (when you try the Test button). I also tried to use repotools --createTables from the command line and got the same errors. I am using the latest RTC version 2.0.0.2. I also tried the regular EXPRESS download and got the same errors.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 04 '10, 5:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

anthony

I followed all the steps and the setup page connects to SQLServer successfully (when you try the Test button). I also tried to use repotools --createTables from the command line and got the same errors. I am using the latest RTC version 2.0.0.2. I also tried the regular EXPRESS download and got the same errors.

Hmm - so one more obvious check - what version of SQLServer are you using. If this is a supported version, then I am not sure why this is happening. If no one else has any good ideas, I suggest you raise a defect here on jazz.net.

Apologies I did not have a quick answer for you.

anthony

permanent link
Farid Zidan (161) | answered Mar 04 '10, 5:28 p.m.

anthony

Hmm - so one more obvious check - what version of SQLServer are you using. If this is a supported version, then I am not sure why this is happening. If no one else has any good ideas, I suggest you raise a defect here on jazz.net.

Apologies I did not have a quick answer for you.

anthony
I am using SQL Server 2005 Express. I was thinking this may be a licensing limitation with EXPRESS-C, but it appears that is not the case

permanent link
Farid Zidan (161) | answered Mar 04 '10, 11:18 p.m.
I updated the SQL Server JDBC driver from the 2005 version I had to latest MS version 2.0 of the jdbc driver and that solved the problem.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 05 '10, 3:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I updated the SQL Server JDBC driver from the 2005 version I had to latest MS version 2.0 of the jdbc driver and that solved the problem.

Ah - well spotted. Thanks for letting us all know and I am glad you have it working now.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.