It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Warning "but it is planned to be completed on Mar 10, 2

Yoshihisa Komai (3002422) | asked Mar 04 '10, 6:13 a.m.
In plan editor, I sometimes see the warning like "The work item is due on Mar 5, 2010, but it is planned to be completed on Mar 10, 2010."

Please let me know how the date of completion like "it is planned to be completed on Mar 10, 2010" is decided.

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 04 '10, 4:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In plan editor, I sometimes see the warning like "The work item is due on Mar 5, 2010, but it is planned to be completed on Mar 10, 2010."

Please let me know how the date of completion like "it is planned to be completed on Mar 10, 2010" is decided.

I believe this can occur if you have set the planned for date, but that either the duration of the work item takes it to the 10 March or there are other items prioritized ahead of this work item, and the work can only start after these items are completed.

Do any of these apply?

anthony

permanent link
Donna Thomas (14122548) | answered Jun 14 '16, 8:55 a.m.
I'm in the same boat and cannot explain the message based on this answer.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jun 14 '16, 10:26 a.m.

Hello,

I believe it's a combination of things like the ranking of the work items, if there are any predecessors, and the Owner's allocation to the project. That with the Estimate of the work item, and how much time has been spent on the work item.

That's a start...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.