It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring the Development Environment

Darren Cheng (6151) | asked Mar 04 '10, 5:35 a.m.
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the final steps of the Java Development setup guide at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup#For_RTC_2_0_0_1 the steps don't seem to be very clear :(

Firstly, how does one compile code in Eclipse? Referring to section:

Then click on the add dependencies link below the table as shown below. This will automatically create the MANIFEST.MF dependencies and you will now be able to browse from the snippets to the source code, debug, and leverage the automated classpath management provided by Eclipse, even for plain java code. After the code compiles, remove the plug-ins from the Automated Management of Dependencies section since the list of so long it causes trouble when running.

A bit stumped on the above because as soon as I remove the dependencies errors appear in the snippets?

Secondly, the document mentions that the -Djava.ext.dirs vmarg separator in Windows is a ";". I have one referring to the ext directory of the jdk that came with RTC_SDK but not sure if it is correct.

-Djava.ext.dirs=C:\JazzDev\jazz\client\eclipse\jdk\jre\lib\ext;snippets;. snippets.Snippet1

or is it

java -Djava.ext.dirs=C:\JazzDev\jazz\client\eclipse\jdk\jre\lib\ext;snippets;. snippets.Snippet1

Would someone kindly check to see if this is correct?

Lastly, in the section:

Create a Java Application launch configuration to run the snippets. On the first page select the Project and Main class as one of the snippets. On the Arguments page, add the -Djava.ext.dirs vmarg as explained in the snippets/README.TXT, then on the Classpath page, add all the jars in this project to the classpath.

On the classpath page there are two directories: Bootstrap Entries (with subfolder JRE System Library) and User Entries (with subfolders Snippets, which contains another two folders called Plug-in Dependencies and Snippets)

I click the "Add JARs" button but there are JARs in a bin folder and more JARs in the same folder where the bin folder resides. Do I add all of the JARs in both locations and to where?

Overall, there must be something wrong somewhere because I am presented with an error when I try to execute the run configuration.

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

Darren

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.