It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new attribute - how to add to Web UI?

jeff oestreich (1061148) | asked Dec 17 '09, 9:31 a.m.
We've added a new attribute to our Work Item and updated the editor presentation to offer/display it. Works in the rich client. However the new field does not appear in our Web UI and I haven't found an article on extending the Web UI to support custom attributes. Is there guidance somewhere on this?

Thanks!

5 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Dec 18 '09, 5:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
This should work out of the box. Both work item editors in the web/ui and the eclipse client uses the same editor presentation description. However the web/ui can not show added fields on the custom tab automatically, but from your description it sounds af if you had updated the editor presentations - thus it should work.
Can you please provide a bit more details, e.g. the type of the attribute. You may also create a defect work item on jazz.net against the work items component and attach your process specification source s.t. we could have a look and help debug.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
jeff oestreich (1061148) | answered Dec 18 '09, 7:10 a.m.
Can you please provide a bit more details, e.g. the type of the attribute.

Created a new attribute for the Story Work Item type (com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType.story). The attribute has type Small String.

Then I added the new attribute to the Editor Presentation for story (com.ibm.team.apt.editor.story).

It is visible in the client when creating new stories, but I have not found it in the Web UI.

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Dec 18 '09, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have tried to reproduce:
I have added a small string attribute to the story type.
I have added a presentation on the story editor in the details section to show this attribute
-> it shows up in both UIs on new stories.

What version of RTC are you using? In which section did you add the small string attribute?

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
jeff oestreich (1061148) | answered Dec 18 '09, 7:41 a.m.
Thanks Marcel.

I'm using 2.0 - our last upgrade was June/July. I added the new attribute to Overview->Details, at the bottom of the list of attributes.

:oops: And today, when I go to look at the WebUI, the field is there!

I blame caching and/or end-of-year weariness. Time for some vacation...

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Dec 18 '09, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
:oops: And today, when I go to look at the WebUI, the field is
there!

I blame caching and/or end-of-year weariness. Time for some
vacation...

We cache the presentation instructions in the Web UI, which may explain
the effect. A reload of the entire page is needed after modifications to
the presentation configuration.

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.