It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Items not icluded

Prakash Deshmukh (132) | asked Mar 02 '10, 7:17 a.m.
When build is performed in RTC in build result it shows 'work item none included'. During deliver operation there is a work item associated with it. Also in build result 'show changes' shows proper changed set.
Can anybody help to know how to correct problem to show what are the work items included?

4 answers

permanent link
Robert Elliott (101116) | answered Mar 02 '10, 9:46 a.m.
I am having this same issue in 2.0.0.2. Work items are associated to the change sets and delivered. Build is run. Work items show links to change sets. No "Included in build" link. No way to manually add it. Build results show change sets but show no work items included.

permanent link
Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa (2.4k4126100) | answered Mar 02 '10, 11:23 a.m.
On 3/2/2010 3:53 PM, rpelliottjr wrote:
I am having this same issue in 2.0.0.2. Work items are associated to
the change sets and delivered. Build is run. Work items show links
to change sets. No "Included in build" link. No way to
manually add it. Build results show change sets but show no work
items included.

Don't understand why.
Make sure that:
1) Make sure your Build Definition is using RTC SCM.
2) You define a specific Repository Workspace to be used by the build
pointing to the correct stream.
3) Don't accept any change yourself to that Repository Workspace.
4) Don't use for anything that Repository Workspace.

And the behavior I am seeing by default is that Build System trace new
ChangeSets and the associated WIs from the accept in that Repository
Workspace.

Hope this helps,

Chemi.

permanent link
Robert Elliott (101116) | answered Mar 02 '10, 4:53 p.m.
I am not exactly certain why it wasn't working but I now have it working. I assume it was something to do with source control and workspaces.

permanent link
Brian Murray (1153) | answered Oct 26 '10, 3:22 p.m.
My team encountered this same problem. It turned out to be that our Build Definition specified a Stream for the Workspace setting on the Jazz Source Control tab. When I created a Workspace (that specified the Stream as a flow target) and used that Workspace the problem went away.

Thank you, Chemi.

(Note: For others who later come across this post via search - as I did - our problem was that the Work Items didn't indicate which builds they were included in and the builds didn't indicate that any work items were included. It was confusing because the delivered change sets were correctly included in the build source/output. However the relationships between Builds and Work Items wasn't being reflected.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.