It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

validating the workitem status to allow changeset from git while push

Naveen V (791759) | asked Aug 18 '16, 9:54 a.m.
Hi,

I had integrated the GIT and RTC successfully. Now I can able to push the code and associate workitems as change sets for each commit with the comment. Now I need 2 things to validate

1) Before adding changeset to workitem need to validate workitem status. If workitem is INPROGRESS or assigned then changesets has to allow with our git push

2) Need to validate before push for workitem owner. If the owner is adding the changeset to workitem then only git commit/push allow to create the change set for workitem.

How I can achieve this validate with our integration?

I tried to see in python scripts but nothing much I can do there for validation or associateworkitems phyton scripts.

Does anyone have any idea how to implement it.

Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Aug 23 '16, 7:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you looked at the preconditions in the operational behavior of RTC?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 23 '16, 7:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you need more functionality you would have to write your own advisor. You could look into the existing ones and maybe code up your own. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ for some hints.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.