It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linked Requirements and the URI

Barry Graham (106173) | asked Feb 16 '10, 3:21 p.m.
Let's say the ReqWeb host changes and I have to update the URI of the host on which the requirements are accessed via ReqWeb from RQM.

How do I update all of the imported requirements so that when I click on the requirement in RQM, it takes me to the right (updated) host, not the host on which ReqWeb was running when I created the requirement?

5 answers

permanent link
Shruti Grover (4121) | answered Feb 18 '10, 12:37 p.m.
I am also looking for this solution. Please let me know if you find a fix. TIA!

Let's say the ReqWeb host changes and I have to update the URI of the host on which the requirements are accessed via ReqWeb from RQM.

How do I update all of the imported requirements so that when I click on the requirement in RQM, it takes me to the right (updated) host, not the host on which ReqWeb was running when I created the requirement?

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Feb 18 '10, 1:30 p.m.
I am also looking for this solution. Please let me know if you find a fix. TIA!

OK so it's not just me. My theory is that this was caused by upgrading from ifix 2 to ifix 3. I have a PMR open on it.

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Feb 22 '10, 11:00 a.m.
I just resolved the issue!

I noticed that in the Oracle table REQUIREMENT_REQUIREMENT_CNNCTN there were multiple entries for the same host. I deleted all references to the host names that weren't being recognized, then went back and started to import again, and this time it recognized the URI.

Barry Graham

permanent link
Shruti Grover (4121) | answered Feb 25 '10, 11:55 a.m.
Good to hear that your problem is resolved.

But without re-importing the Requirements is it possible to fix the broken links?

I noticed that in the Oracle table REQUIREMENT_REQUIREMENT_CNNCTN there were multiple entries for the same host. I deleted all references to the host names that weren't being recognized, then went back and started to import again, and this time it recognized the URI.

Barry Graham

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Feb 25 '10, 2:06 p.m.
Good to hear that your problem is resolved.

But without re-importing the Requirements is it possible to fix the broken links?

Barry Graham

Shruti
No - that's a problem. I submitted an enhancement request for to be possible although nobody has responded to it yet.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.