It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

related workitems in build results

Bernd van Oostrum (21735673) | asked Feb 16 '10, 5:35 a.m.
Hi,

If I open a build result, I see a link which opens the related changeset. These are the changes compared to the previous build. So far so good.

However, I don't see a link which opens the related workitems. I know this can be achieved by using the workItemPublisher-task, but this tasks requires an extra file (containing the related workitems), which I want to avoid; I want the tooling to show and decide for me what the related workitems were.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
Berndyman.

11 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 05 '10, 12:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am not sure on the details. However, if you think certain capabilities are required feel free to submit a work item.

Ralph

Hi,

the intent of that snapshot is to allow you to reproduce the build - if it has errors it is even more important, because you can reproduce it and fix the issues without disturbance due to new incoming changes. You should reconsider your policy.

Ralph

I agree that snapshots are important for reproducing (the) build(workspace). However, I'd prefer to let a buildscript perform the teamAccept (and create a snapshot) after or before certain other actions on the requested build.
Shouldn't the teamAccept-task behave exactly the same as having the "accept changesets"-checkbox checked for the buildengine?

thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.