It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link execution result to a Plan after execution

John Matthews (2263932) | asked Feb 12 '10, 4:23 a.m.
RQM 2.0.0.1

Is it possible, somehow, to link an execution result to a Test Plan, after the TER has been executed?

4 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Feb 12 '10, 8:23 a.m.
RQM 2.0.0.1

Is it possible, somehow, to link an execution result to a Test Plan, after the TER has been executed?

Technically it already is, if you did the execution on the Test Case and selected a Plan / Milestone when creating or reusing a TER - the report for TER counts looks at the plan

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Feb 12 '10, 8:50 a.m.
Thanks.. let me clarify:
the TC is in a Plan
There is an associated TER
The TER was executed, but at this point the Plan was not selected in the pop up window...
There is now an execution result for the TER (not linked to the Plan)

>>> can the result be linked retrospectively to the Plan or does the TER have to be rerun?

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Feb 12 '10, 10:27 a.m.
Thanks.. let me clarify:
the TC is in a Plan
There is an associated TER
The TER was executed, but at this point the Plan was not selected in the pop up window...
There is now an execution result for the TER (not linked to the Plan)

>>> can the result be linked retrospectively to the Plan or does the TER have to be rerun?

Thats correct if the plan was not selected during execution, the TER was created with a value of "unassigned" .. there is no way currently to reassociate the TER with the plan it has to be re-executed, and you need to create a NEW TER in order to be able to select the plan value

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Feb 12 '10, 11:03 a.m.
Thanks!

thats what i thought... but....

1. if the TER is generated within a Plan then the Plan should be defaulted when that TER is executed
2. there probably should be a way of associating a result to a Plan after its execution

... I will log an enhancement request

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.