It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Could not init workbench error when connecting to RTC Server

Enrique Gaona (13462526) | asked Feb 05 '10, 9:40 p.m.
Several of my users have reported problems connecting to the repository server using Firefox 3.5.7. Where the error messages that appear "Could not init workbench. Error fetching initialization data: Your account does not belong to the groups that are authorized to access the Web UI. Please contact your server administrator." I'm an admin and I don't get this error at all.
Anyone knows what's going in on here? I looked at their user's account and he has read and write access to the project. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Enrique

16 answers

permanent link
Brian Wolfe (25613725) | answered Feb 24 '10, 10:34 a.m.
we use Bluepages for authentication as well -- by default it is case sensitive, so if the user in question is actually in the bluegroup, make sure they are using the correct case for their login.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Apr 16 '10, 4:10 p.m.
we use Bluepages for authentication as well -- by default it is case sensitive, so if the user in question is actually in the bluegroup, make sure they are using the correct case for their login.

Also, if the configuration of LDAP for your RTC is similar to this:

com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.findUsersByUserIdQuery=preferredIdentity\=?1
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.baseGroupDN=ou\=memberList,ou\=ibmgroups,o\=ibm.com
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.findGroupsForUserQuery=uniquemember\={USER-DN}
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.userAttributesMapping=userId\=preferredIdentity,name\=cn,emailAddress\=preferredIdentity

If a person logs in with something other than their preferredIdentity then this symptom will be reported. I had user contact me today, preferredIdentity in LDAP is different than the ID being used to login to RTC.

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered May 25 '10, 10:17 a.m.
We just had this exact issue happen here at CareMedic Systems. The resolution is that the user name does have to be EXACTLY right. If it is entered in the list of user names as lowercase, then the user name MUST be entered as lowercase.

This may not help with "BluePages" issues, but it may be helpful for other times that this particular issue comes up (and we know it will come up again).

-Walter

Also, if the configuration of LDAP for your RTC is similar to this:

com.ibm.team.repository.user.registry.type=LDAP
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.findUsersByUserIdQuery=preferredIdentity\=?1
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.baseGroupDN=ou\=memberList,ou\=ibmgroups,o\=ibm.com
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.findGroupsForUserQuery=uniquemember\={USER-DN}
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.userAttributesMapping=userId\=preferredIdentity,name\=cn,emailAddress\=preferredIdentity

If a person logs in with something other than their preferredIdentity then this symptom will be reported. I had user contact me today, preferredIdentity in LDAP is different than the ID being used to login to RTC.

permanent link
kabilan saravanabava (2144) | answered Sep 07 '10, 1:46 a.m.
i am also facing this issue for my couple of users who are using FF 3.5.9 and RTC 2.0.0.2.. they even tried it out with chrome browser it doesn't work.. LDAP authentication, jazzuser group, their username id's,.. all are correct but still the issue appears for only few users... Is there any solution for it...???

permanent link
Deepa Nadig (6) | answered Sep 20 '10, 11:59 p.m.
i am also facing this issue for my couple of users who are using FF 3.5.9 and RTC 2.0.0.2.. they even tried it out with chrome browser it doesn't work.. LDAP authentication, jazzuser group, their username id's,.. all are correct but still the issue appears for only few users... Is there any solution for it...???[/quote

I had the same issue. The user ids are case sensitive and hence if the case is mixed up, it leads to this error. RTC can give more intuitive and informative error message.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Nov 05 '10, 7:29 a.m.
Is it possible that login info is cached so that if an individual tries to login before they are
actually part of the right ldap group afterward the individual will get the subject message ?

I got reports of this for newly created users and when I check their properties (license, JazzUsers, project/team membership) all appears well. But access still fails. I turned on LDAP logging and noticed only 1 lookup for one of the users in question.

I've had reports of this in the past where the next day the access mysteriously works.

i am also facing this issue for my couple of users who are using FF 3.5.9 and RTC 2.0.0.2.. they even tried it out with chrome browser it doesn't work.. LDAP authentication, jazzuser group, their username id's,.. all are correct but still the issue appears for only few users... Is there any solution for it...???

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.