It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web ui mouse over link gets empty pop-over

Gilles Tabary (7676) | asked Feb 02 '10, 1:14 p.m.
Hello.

In the Web UI, when I hover the mouse cursor over "Project Areas" links I get a rich hover (or popover) kind of empty.

The popover, shows only top title/link, bottom "open item" link, top right "close" button, bottom right "plus" button. But the content remain shown as a waiting icon (Firefox), or as a "Can not display" page (IE).

Rich hovers works fine for Build resources, or Story resources for example.

I have seen this feature is named "Rich Resource Hovers"

Rational Team Concert version 2.0.0.1
Key words : popover, pop-up, popup, pop up, broken, mouseover, rich hover, webrichhover, mouse over, web interface, widget.

Added info :
I noticed the iframe url generated in the broken rich hover is missing the host name and port number. If I copy url and add manually what's missing I obtain the properly formated rich hover content as an html page on it's own.

3 answers

permanent link
Gilles Tabary (7676) | answered Feb 02 '10, 1:40 p.m.
One more thing : I see no error message in WAS logs nor any message regarding the generation of these rich hover pop ups. ( Indeed I have RTC deployed in WAS )

Thanks for time and attention.
G.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Feb 02 '10, 9:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gilles,

I think you may be experiencing a problem that occurs when you server name begins with the context path, ie "jazz". For example, if your server name is jazzserver, the pop ups for project area and team area fail to load.

This is fixed in RTC 2.0.0.2. The only work around I know of for RTC 2.0.0.1 is to use a different server name or alias, if that is feasible.

For details, you can see this work item: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/96727

Martha
Jazz Process Developer

quote="gtab"]One more thing : I see no error message in WAS logs nor any message regarding the generation of these rich hover pop ups. ( Indeed I have RTC deployed in WAS )

Thanks for time and attention.
G.

permanent link
Gilles Tabary (7676) | answered Feb 03 '10, 5:25 a.m.
Hi Gilles,
This is fixed in RTC 2.0.0.2. The only work around I know of for RTC 2.0.0.1 is to use a different server name or alias, if that is feasible.

For details, you can see this work item: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/96727

Thanks Martha.
This is what I should have found.

It is not very clear to me but when I try to find infos, I find it difficult to navigate through the project areas : can't remember a way to access to project areas and then don't know which one to look into : Jazz Collaborative ALM - Jazz Collaborative ALM Project - Jazz Foundation - Jazz TP (private) - Rational AMC - Rational Team Concert.

Anyway thanks again.
G.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.