It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web client work item query regression

Case Taintor (1462116) | asked Feb 02 '10, 9:35 a.m.
I've seen this work on the 2.0.0.1 web client, but, it's not working in 2.0.0.2. I have only used 2.0.0.2, so, there can't be a problem with upgrading. Anyway, here's what I see:

On the Eclipse side, I make a query that is something like "Depends On > ID" = 11. It works great -- it shows me all work items who depend on work item 11. If I save this query and then run it in the web client, it works just fine. However, when I click to edit the query in the web client, the "Depends On > ID" filter gets changed to "ID", so if I now run the query (with no changes), it will only return me work item 11. (Furthermore, if I save any changes to the query in the web client, my query will now lose all of it's queries on links).

Also, I am unable to create a work item query like the one I described above in the web client. Even if I select "ID" under "Depends On", the filter will show up as "ID".

I'm unsure as to whether a work item has been filed on this. I see some related posts in here, but, they don't seem to be the same. I have a video of what I'm talking about if you want it.

One answer

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Feb 02 '10, 12:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm unsure as to whether a work item has been filed on this. I see
some related posts in here, but, they don't seem to be the same. I
have a video of what I'm talking about if you want it.

Yes, this is a regression in the Web UI and planned to fix in the next
patch release:

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/102786

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.