It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Problems debugging script based attribute customization

Sian O'Briain (351021) | asked Aug 31 '18, 5:06 a.m.
Hi I have a couple of attribute customizations - all working fine but for some reason I can't see anythingin the web console when I use console.log
I know console.log is working as I do get a single message when I reload the page if I put the console.log just after the first line in the script before the function is executed. But when I modify the relevant attribute and save the workitem I can't use the step feature in the browser or the console.log. I only seem to be able to step through after a page reload. Any help? I have looked at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/225348/how-to-get-calculated-attribute-value-script-to-run-in-browser-for-debugging but not entirely sure if this is the same behaviour.

Tried in Firefox and Chrome. One attribute has dependency other does not

dojo.provide("com.example.ValueProviderReturnToZero");

(function() {
    var doDebug = true;
    dojo.declare("com.example.ValueProviderReturnToZero", null, {

getValue: function(attribute, workItem, configuration) {
debug("hello");
return 0;

function debug(display){    
    if(doDebug){
        console.log(display);
    }
    }

}
    });
})();

One answer

permanent link
Sian O'Briain (351021) | answered Aug 31 '18, 5:36 a.m.

okay I have it working sort of now, it does need the dependent attribute as was mentioned in the other thread. So since my script is running but I can't capture it on the client side, does this mean it is actually running server side? If so is there any way to show a warning similar to the ones displayed with server side customization?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.