It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Progress not shown

priya benjamin (111) | asked Feb 01 '10, 5:54 p.m.
we are new to RTC and we have a project, sprints setup etc..

The problem is even though developers are closing their work items, the progress bar keeps showing 0 items complete. Any ideas why?

8 answers

permanent link
Johannes Rieken (1.2k1) | answered Feb 02 '10, 8:53 a.m.
On 2/2/10 12:07 AM, pbenja1 wrote:
we are new to RTC and we have a project, sprints setup etc..

The problem is even though developers are closing their work items,
the progress bar keeps showing 0 items complete. Any ideas why?

Can it be that you are looking at a progress bar that renders its
progress based on story points and your developers report their progress
in hours?

--
Cheers, Johannes
Agile Planning Team

permanent link
priya benjamin (111) | answered Feb 02 '10, 11:25 a.m.
Thanks Johannes

That may be the case, do you know how could we switch the progress bar to show hours as opposed to storypoint?

permanent link
priya benjamin (111) | answered Feb 02 '10, 11:41 a.m.
Just asked the team and they said the progress bar shows hours with 0 progress even though they are closing items. So do you have any other suggessions?

permanent link
Michael Schneider (886) | answered Feb 09 '10, 4:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 2/2/2010 5:53 PM, pbenja1 wrote:
Just asked the team and they said the progress bar shows hours with 0
progress even though they are closing items. So do you have any other
suggessions?

the work items which your developers close are most probably of a type
marked as "top level type". For top level work items, the complexity is
used to calculate the progress, the estimates are ignored, even if they
are specified.

--
MikeS
Agile Planning Team

permanent link
Vincent Huynh (14697) | answered Feb 09 '10, 11:10 a.m.
Hi Michael,

I have a similar problem with the progress bar roll up:

The progress bar in the 'Story' work item, and the progress bar when I have a View As 'Grouping' (Folder, Category, etc.) do not reflect progress as I had imaged.

I have a task with Estimate 100h, and Time Remaining 40h (In Progress state). The progress bar shows: "0/40h", and does not seem to progress if I modify the Time Remaining field the next day...

Can you tell me why it is doing this and not "60h/100h" for instance...

Thanks in advance,
Vince-

permanent link
Vincent Huynh (14697) | answered Feb 09 '10, 12:00 p.m.
Hi Michael,

The progress bar in the 'Story' work item, and the progress bar when I have a View As 'Grouping' (Folder, Category, etc.) do not reflect progress as I had imaged.

I have a task with Estimate 100h, and Time Remaining 40h (In Progress state). The progress bar shows: "0/40h", and does not seem to progress if I modify the Time Remaining field the next day...

Thanks in advance,
Vince-

"Task" work item was marked as a Top-Level Work Item. Removing it fixes the problem... thanks! :)

Vince-

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 10 '10, 6:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

Thanks in advance,
Vince-

I believe that progress will be measured in the progress bar against a completed task. not your estimate of progress on an individual task. If you complete a task - does that make a difference?

anthony

permanent link
Vincent Huynh (14697) | answered Feb 10 '10, 12:14 p.m.
Hi Michael,

Thanks in advance,
Vince-

I believe that progress will be measured in the progress bar against a completed task. not your estimate of progress on an individual task. If you complete a task - does that make a difference?

anthony

When I marked it Complete, the progress would become "0h/0h". Now that Tasks are not a Top-Level WI, it works as it should.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.