It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Push vs pull for RQM <-> RPT

Keith McMillan (2122) | asked Jan 26 '10, 1:04 p.m.
Hi folks,

I apologize if this topic has been addressed, I scanned the forum a bit but didn't find anything that addressed my question.

I've got an RQM instance which has associated with it an RPT instance. The adapter is running fine on the RPT box, and I can initiate RPT tests and receive results from within RQM.

Is it possible to reverse the scenario: can I run tests within RPT and push the results into RQM, rather than pulling them?

thanks for any help!

Keith mcMillan

One answer

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jan 26 '10, 2:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The short answer is no.

However, if you can find a way to associate an attachment to an RQM result, then you can always export the RPT result and attach it back into RQM. For example, you could use workitems which support file attachments. And associate the work item with a particular RQM result.

RPT does have an export results to HTML feature, so you could use that to export the result, zip up the exported HTML and image files. Then attach the zip into the RQM work item.

From and integration point of view, there's nothing really specific about RPT with this approach. You could do something similar with any other application.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.