It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jazz build together with runant.sh

Yonatan Maman (621) | asked Jan 24 '10, 10:53 a.m.
Hi
I've followed the instructions about creating A Jazz-based Ant build (inclusing setting build engine, build server).

I used a dummy ant file to make sure that it invokes properly - and it does.
now - I want to leverage some eclipse (or maybe rational's) special anttask for compiling the projects.

I'm talking mainly <projectBuild>. using this anttask make much life much easier, cause all the projects classpath and dependencies are taken from the project's def.
I suspect that this anttask com.ibm.etools.ant.extras.ProjectBuild uses the .metadeta information.
The problem is that this information is not managed buy the RTC. In my build server I have only the artifacts that extracted from RTC and .metadata is not part of them.

To make things more clear - my ant file executes runant.sh script (part of Rational's RSA/RAD installation). when I run this script manually on the build server (after all the files were updated from RTC) I get the following error:

build.xml:40: Project, testProj is not in Workspace

please advice --
Yonatan

2 answers

permanent link
Tami Takamiya (2011110) | answered Jan 25 '10, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yonatan,

Not sure this works for you, but when I wrote a similar script, I added

<eclipse.refreshLocal resource="${project.name}" depth="infinite" />

between the projectImport and the projectBuild tasks.

Tami

I get the following error:

build.xml:40: Project, testProj is not in Workspace

please advice --
Yonatan

permanent link
Vivek Gupta (5195) | answered May 28 '10, 5:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I also had the same issue. The solution I implemented is to create one more xml file with <projectImport> to create the .metadata for all the projects in the workspace and then call the normal build file .

projectBuild worked fine after that .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.