It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions about RQMExcelImporter

r hunt (11) | asked Jan 14 '10, 3:09 p.m.
Hello,

I'm currently working with RQMExcelImporter to import some testscripts and testcases into RQM using the provided sample, Scripts that create testcases.cfg. I've got the scripts and cases in RQM correctly. I'm now looking to add comments to test steps in the testscripts, and to specify a custom testcase template and a custom section (specified in the custom testcase) to use for the testecases. I have looked in the api, but the documentation is a bit confusing. Here is the code that I'm using for the testscripts and the testcases

\\testscript comment declaration
testscript.steps.property:comment=I

\\testcase template and section declaration
testcase.Template("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testcase.template_1263319663309")
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseTestObjective","RQM-KEY-TC-TEST-OBJETIVE-TITLE")=B

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jan 14 '10, 5:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
FYI the symbol for commenting lines is // not \\

permanent link
Mike Yalter (11611) | answered Mar 18 '10, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I'm currently working with RQMExcelImporter to import some testscripts and testcases into RQM using the provided sample, Scripts that create testcases.cfg. I've got the scripts and cases in RQM correctly. I'm now looking to add comments to test steps in the testscripts, and to specify a custom testcase template and a custom section (specified in the custom testcase) to use for the testecases. I have looked in the api, but the documentation is a bit confusing. Here is the code that I'm using for the testscripts and the testcases

\\testscript comment declaration
testscript.steps.property:comment=I

\\testcase template and section declaration
testcase.Template("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testcase.template_1263319663309")
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseTestObjective","RQM-KEY-TC-TEST-OBJETIVE-TITLE")=B

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment support was added fairly recently, so make sure you use the latest version of the tool.
There should be a sample for "steps with comments" in that version, but here's the syntax:

testscript.steps.property name="comment"=H

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.