Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Seems most of the default RQM reports do not work

I am using RQM v2.0.1. Many of the default out of the box reports tend to return zero rows back regardless of what is selected on the parameters.

Case in point, the Test Cases set of reports. I've only been able to get one of them to work but the details returned are not as valuable. Many of them return zero rows or have the same parameter listed more than once - which I found odd. I'm wondering if this is a carryover defect from V1.x to 2.0 like there was when RTC went from 1.x to 2.x initially.

It would also be helpful if I could find some documentation as to the purpose and needed parms for each default report before I throw my hands up. This would at least eliminate user error issues on my part.

0 votes



3 answers

Permanent link
I am using RQM v2.0.1. Many of the default out of the box reports tend to return zero rows back regardless of what is selected on the parameters.

Case in point, the Test Cases set of reports. I've only been able to get one of them to work but the details returned are not as valuable. Many of them return zero rows or have the same parameter listed more than once - which I found odd. I'm wondering if this is a carryover defect from V1.x to 2.0 like there was when RTC went from 1.x to 2.x initially.

It would also be helpful if I could find some documentation as to the purpose and needed parms for each default report before I throw my hands up. This would at least eliminate user error issues on my part.


I have seen the same behavior. The default reports mostly not working. Most of them just keep loading and hanging there. I know my RQM may not have a lot of test results, but the default report should work or otherwise give user warning or error message.

I also find the it taks extremely long time for a report to come out.

0 votes


Permanent link
Since there has been no reply by anyone from the Jazz Team, I must assume that default Reporting is really not supported. Perhaps it might aleviate confusion if the default reports are never deployed unless RCR is deployed? Is it fair to assume the following?

The existing set of default RQM reports originally based on BIRT are not supported in RQM v2.x or higher and therefore no expectation that they will ever work

Any customers wishing to have reports from RQM must do so using a Cognos solution (whether through Custom Reporting - aka Cognos-lite - or by purchasing the Insight tool

Customer expectations should be set that they can only use a very small subset of the default reports/viewlets and that there is no guarantee of accuracy as they are not supported.

I have customers who are hitting frustrations levels with this and do not have the budget for additional reporting solutions on top of RQM. It would not be fair to steer them down this path unless a solution is available. So unless I'm missing something (quite possible), the solution is not yet ready based upon all of these unanswered report-related posts. I can accept it not being ready but hope it is addressed soon.

Perhaps a specific forum on Reporting might make this easier to organize these types of posts since I'm certain it is cross product.

0 votes


Permanent link
The developers and other users contribute to the forums as their work
schedules (and vacation schedules) permit.

So please call IBM/Rational support if you have a question about the
product that isn't being discussed in a timely fashion in the forums.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 7/2/2010 1:52 PM, kwerner wrote:
Since there has been no reply by anyone from the Jazz Team, I must
assume that default Reporting is really not supported. Perhaps it
might aleviate confusion if the default reports are never deployed
unless RCR is deployed? Is it fair to assume the following?

The existing set of default RQM reports originally based on BIRT are
not supported in RQM v2.x or higher and therefore no expectation that
they will ever work

Any customers wishing to have reports from RQM must do so using a
Cognos solution (whether through Custom Reporting - aka Cognos-lite -
or by purchasing the Insight tool

Customer expectations should be set that they can only use a very
small subset of the default reports/viewlets and that there is no
guarantee of accuracy as they are not supported.

I have customers who are hitting frustrations levels with this and do
not have the budget for additional reporting solutions on top of RQM.
It would not be fair to steer them down this path unless a solution is
available. So unless I'm missing something (quite possible), the
solution is not yet ready based upon all of these unanswered
report-related posts. I can accept it not being ready but hope it is
addressed soon.

Perhaps a specific forum on Reporting might make this easier to
organize these types of posts since I'm certain it is cross product.

0 votes

Your answer

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details

Question asked: Jan 11 '10, 3:06 p.m.

Question was seen: 7,287 times

Last updated: Jan 11 '10, 3:06 p.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm