It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Product owner cannot save category

Lin Ye (30632611) | asked Jan 11 '10, 9:11 a.m.
Hi,

I am using RTC 2.0.0.1 standard edition. I assigned myself as "Product Owner". On the "Work Item Categories" tab of Project Area page, I tried to add a new category. But when I saved it I got an error message saying "Error running operation 'Saving Categories' 'Save Category' failed. Permission denied.".

I have checked the "Process Configuration" that under "Project Configuration" --> "Permissions", the product owner has the permission to save category on the server. Why I still got the error? Thank you very much.

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Jan 13 '10, 2:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

The behavior you are seeing can occur if you have the Product Owner role in a team area, but are modifying categories for the project area. Are you listed in the "Members" section of the project area that you are adding a Work Item Category for?

Martha Andrews
Jazz Process Developer

Do you have the Product Owner
Hi,

I am using RTC 2.0.0.1 standard edition. I assigned myself as "Product Owner". On the "Work Item Categories" tab of Project Area page, I tried to add a new category. But when I saved it I got an error message saying "Error running operation 'Saving Categories' 'Save Category' failed. Permission denied.".

I have checked the "Process Configuration" that under "Project Configuration" --> "Permissions", the product owner has the permission to save category on the server. Why I still got the error? Thank you very much.

permanent link
Lin Ye (30632611) | answered Jan 13 '10, 3:40 p.m.
Hi,

Thank you very much for the answer. That is the reason. I added myself on Project Area now it is working.

Have a good day.
Lin

Hello,

The behavior you are seeing can occur if you have the Product Owner role in a team area, but are modifying categories for the project area. Are you listed in the "Members" section of the project area that you are adding a Work Item Category for?

Martha Andrews
Jazz Process Developer

Do you have the Product Owner
Hi,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.