It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

EWM 7.0.2 Gantt chart fails to update

Dariusz Walter (111) | asked May 22, 3:04 a.m.

Hi,

The best guide I could find to set up a gantt chart in EWM is per the very old article in https://jazz.net/library/article/663

I am using the Formal Project Management Process
I have a bunch of tasks in the plan.
I have set some Effective Estimates for each task.

Problem: The plan view fails to update the gantt chart based on the provided estimates (see image in the Work item estimates and the schedule section of the article linked above)
Gantt display for all tasks has the chevron endpoints (ie. not bars) and their duration is shown as zero. (e.g. 
22 May 2024 16:42:35 - 22 May 2024 16:42:35 for a task that is set to have a 2.1 week duration)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dariusz

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 22, 6:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not think there is any way to answer the question based on the information given. 
You do not have the reputation to provide screenshots yet. You could try to provide a step by step description. what you do. Two tasks would be sufficient.

Have users U1 and U2 allocated to the project area.
Project are has categories C1 and C1 for project are. Create plan with project area ownership ....
Opened plan view YYY. In plan view create taks1 and task2 filed against... planned for... estimated, owned by.

One answer

permanent link
Jeremy Bronson (11) | answered May 26, 11:52 p.m.
The best guide I could find to set up a gantt chart in EWM is per the very old article in https://jazz.net/library/article/663 merge fruit  I am using the Formal Project Management Process. I have a bunch of tasks in the plan. I have set some Effective Estimates for each task. Problem: The plan view fails to update the gantt chart based on the provided estimates (see image in the Work item estimates and the schedule section of the article linked above). Gantt display for all tasks has the chevron endpoints (ie. not bars) and their duration is shown as zero. (e.g. 22 May 2024 16:42:35 - 22 May 2024 16:42:35 for a task that is set to have a 2.1 week duration). What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Dariusz

I think you should check Task Dependencies. Ensure that the task dependencies are correctly set up in your project plan. Task dependencies define the order in which tasks should be executed and can affect the scheduling and duration calculations. Review the dependencies between the tasks to ensure they are accurately defined.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.