It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to control the length / complexity of a password created by the User in ELM7

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked May 02, 9:14 a.m.
edited May 02, 9:28 a.m.
Whilst I appreciate that LDAP is the best way to go, my scenario is that the AD exists outside my server realm for a number of reasons, and therefore cannot be connected.   In attempt to qualify the built in user registry, we need to look at whether we can enforce a particular length/complexity.  We don't particularly care about a rotation of the password, but we do care about its length/complexity.

ELM 7.0.2 SR1 ifix28

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered May 08, 3:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The Liberty basic user registry is really only there for development-type activity to simplify setting up a server with some sort of authentication, i.e. it's not really intended for production. You'd probably be better to setup your own local LDAP and let that manage users and passwords. 

From a practical perspective managing users and groups by editing an XML file isn't going to be much fun.

Karen Steele selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karen Steele commented May 08, 7:15 a.m.

any recommendations for creating a local LDAP ?

Ian Barnard commented May 08, 7:33 a.m.

No, nothing specific - but I'd have thought if you've got Windows servers around then you can easily add an AD instance. Might your IT department be able to manage it for you?

Davyd Norris commented May 08, 9:56 p.m.

I've used both Apache Directory Server and OpenLDAP as local instances - both are pretty simple to set up and manage.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 02, 10:19 a.m.

I am not aware of anything in ELM. If at all, there might be anything in Liberty profile.

Comments
Karen Steele commented May 02, 12:53 p.m.

That's what I thought ... don't see anything anywhere to enforce the length .. thanks Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.