It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to convert Form based authentication to Basic Authentication for IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORs 9.7

manisha vinchurkar (315) | asked Jan 12 '21, 1:39 a.m.

Hello,

I have installed IBM Classic DOORs(IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORs 9.7).
I am able to login to below page but its showing FORM based authentication:-

https://localhost:8443/dwa
Now i want to convert this form based to basic authentication. I have gone through some articles where its mentioned to replace FORM to BASIC in web.xml. But i am not finding FORM anywhere in my web.xml.
Can you please help where and what should i add so that it will convert to basic auth.

I found below steps in one of the article:-

1. Replace below
<login-config><auth-method>FORM</auth-method> <form-login-config><form-login-page>/auth/authrequired</form-login-page> <form-error-page>/auth/authfailed</form-error-page> </form-login-config> </login-config>
with :- <login-config> <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method> <realm-name>Jazz</realm-name> </login-config> 

Here I cant find in which file above tags needs to be added. I am not able to search above tags in my installation.
Second thing they have mentioned is below which i have already done but still can see form based login 

2. Need to replace below in context file. I have done this in all the available context files.
Replace org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator with org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator

Can you please help?

<o:p> </o:p>

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.