What is Best SCM tool RTC or GIT
3 answers
Since you're asking in the Jazz Forum, my obviously very biased answer is that Jazz SCM (formerly RTC) is the best by a mile!
My personal experience over the last decade or so is that Git has become very popular but has so many massive shortcomings - I use Git out of necessity but if I have a choice I will always go for Jazz SCM. I fear, however, that it's like the old VHS vs BetaMAX video tape war - and you do get points for winning a popularity contest.
Jazz SCM is technically superior in a multitude of ways but Git has the people's hearts. I think the best thing about EWM is that you can work with both side by side and EWM process enforcement in Git does help to address quite a few of the short comings of Git.
Comments
Adding my perspective:
Depends on your usecase, as all tool desicions do.
Do you have a simple product with one major development path, and mainly just need version control? perhaps then you can very well live with git like a lot of the SW community does...
Do you have a more complex structure, with a product build by individually/independently developed subsystems, with different product variants that you want to configure to use different combinations of the mentioned subsystems? -> then you will most likely have a much easier life with the configuration management capabilities coming with Jazz SCM
This is most likely the primary point of differentiation: Simple version control (git) vs. integrated version control and configuration management (jazz SCM)