It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Please help me to work with VS Code Ide with IBM EWM-7.0.2

Jitendra Singh (195) | asked Feb 19, 6:15 a.m.

We are using Eclipse 4.6 version for Java development and some team members need VS code for development like frond end and others so they need VS code and I need bit guidance to install EWM plugin to VS code to work with Jazz too

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 19, 6:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not aware that VS Code is supported. I am pretty sure you can't install EWM into VS Code.

With any client that is not supported, it is possible to use the Eclipse client, or the Windows shell integration, or the scm command line to load the repository workspace on disc. The client can then open and change the loaded files. Then it is possible to use the Eclipse client, or the Windows shell integration, or the scm command line to detect the changes and check in/deliver them.

Jitendra Singh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jitendra Singh commented Feb 19, 7:11 a.m.

Thank you for very quick response.
How to setup Command line can I get detailed guide or help as I'm still learning EWM

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20, 3:40 a.m.

The entry for the help is here: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/engineering-lifecycle-management-suite

You can find references to the scm command line, the windows shell integration etc here at the all downloads tab for your version: https://jazz.net/downloads/workflow-management/releases/7.0.3?p=allDownloads

I would suggest to use the windows shell integration rather than the command line. anyway, the entry point in the help is https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/engineering-lifecycle-management-suite/workflow-management/7.0.3?topic=reference-source-control-command-line 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20, 3:42 a.m.

The easiest way to set up the scm command line, is to download the SCM Tools from the all downloads page of EWM (your version) and to unzip it.  

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 21, 3:15 a.m.

Please note that the Windows Shell integration is easier to work with.

Jitendra Singh commented Feb 21, 6:35 a.m.

Thank you again !!

Let me try and is there any training session free or paid ?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 21, 7:16 a.m. | edited Feb 21, 7:20 a.m.
showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Jitendra Singh (195) | answered Feb 27, 5:42 a.m.

We are using Java 8 for EWM7.0.2 and want to upgrade it to Java 11 so please guide me on the same 

will it support java11 and how to configure the same ?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 27, 6:41 a.m.

Please do not ask new questions on a question that is already answered. Convert this answer into a question or create a new question in the forum. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.