It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with unicode text values

Arpit Khandelwal (111) | asked Feb 13, 12:59 p.m.

While creating an Defect I am filling description with unicode value "!¡ÿ࿏῾က⿏‐㿿、俿䀀忿倀濿怀翿瀀迿耀龟退꒿ꀀ뿿뀀쿿쀀힟퀀ᅬ豈" and when I am fetching the same defect by using API I am getting different unicode value corresponding to description field. I have tried using string comparator, it always shows values are different although by seeing it seems both values are equal.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 14, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is not enough information in the question to even start answering. E.g. which API is used. 
Regardless of that, EWM internally uses UTF-8 encoding. I don't know if there is any conversion done in the Browser. 

Comments
Arpit Khandelwal commented Feb 14, 2:38 a.m. | edited Feb 14, 2:39 a.m.

I am creating Defect from UI and setting description as "!¡ÿ࿏῾က⿏‐㿿、俿䀀忿倀濿怀翿瀀迿耀龟退꒿ꀀ뿿뀀쿿쀀힟퀀ᅬ豈" and then when I am fetching the created defect by id using "https://dev-ibmewm814.van.tasktop.com:9443/ccm/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/2624" API, the description which I am getting become change. 

So the last unicode letter "
豈" is creating an issue although by looking at the description value from API seems similar but it has different byte code when compare to the one which is given in post request. You can compare on any unicode comparator.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.