It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

cloning workitems within jazz server extension using abstract class CopyToProjectOperation

Wolfgang Schlicker (112) | asked Feb 02, 1:03 p.m.

Hi all,

i want to clone a bunch of workitems within my custom jazz server extension deriving from the abstract class CopyToWorkItemOperation, already defined in the jazz server sdk.
Unfortunately there is no official documentation about the jazz server sdk.
Is it possible to set the 'move' parameter to false in the ctor of a derived class to get cloned workitems with new workitem identity?
Or is this class only intended to move workitems between PAs remaining the workitem ids?

KInd regards,
Wolfgang

Comments
Wolfgang Schlicker commented Feb 02, 1:10 p.m.

sorry for typo 'CopyToWorkitemOperation' should be 'CopyToProjectOperation' 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 05, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is internal API. It is an abstract class, so you can not run it. You can try out a not abstract class based on it and see what it does and if it is what you want. Since there is no documentation there is no other way to tell.

Wolfgang Schlicker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05, 3:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Wolfgang Schlicker commented Feb 08, 5:04 a.m.

Thanks, I'm aware of this project, unfortunately the usage of this class (derived class) isn't documented there. I'm going to trial and error it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.