It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC/ELM Work Items: How do I create relationships other than parent to child via csv imports

Heather Linsk (1422252) | asked Jan 16, 12:08 p.m.
CLM 6.0.6.1

I am trying to establish related links between existing work items via csv import.

I know how to do parent to child, what is the pattern for establishing other types of links within RTC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 17, 4:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My suggestion would be to export work items that have the links you desire. This will tell you the format for the link type. There are work item to work item link types, they will show the work item number and you can try to import them the same way you import parent/child attributes. Other link types require an URI. I unfortunately don't know what the built in CSV export/import supports in detail. 

In the work item command line I implemented support for other links, including in CSV export/import. One mode uses data similar to the built in import. Another mode supports a WCL specific specification of data that is easier to parse and used in the other WCL commands.

Heather Linsk selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Jan 17, 8:41 a.m.

Thank you Ralph 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.