It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS Classic - How to merge ReqIF exported from an baselined version from the source database

Sunil Kumar (27111) | asked Dec 20 '23, 4:02 a.m.

Dear All,

I have a situation, that I have send an few version of a module to customer, and they would like to keep the history of the shared module version in their DOORS database.

In detail, I have a Module A with baselined versions 1.0, 2.0,3.0 and so on..
First I have to send the baselined version 1.0 and customer import that into their DOORS database (like ReqIF export from our database, and customer do import the same ReqIF file in their database)
Second, I will send Module A, baselined version 3.0, but this time it create a new version of this module in thier database in a new folder, but then not allow to merge the recently received ReqIF file with the firstly imported Module A version 1.0.

Is anyone knows is there any possibility to do export/import and merge using the baselined module versions instead of current version. Here the direction is only way, we are sending the updated data to customer, they need to import and merge with the previous versions. We are not expecting anything back from customer.

Any valuable suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Sunil

One answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.6k217) | answered Dec 20 '23, 6:36 p.m.
You would almost be better off sending them a DOORS Module Archive with all the baselines in it.

ReqIF in DOORS Classic is sort of a three step process:
 - you export a ReqIF with objects/attributes locked that you want to be able to bring back
 - you import the updated ReqIF back, and it goes into a new folder
 - you merge the imported data into the original and the locked objects/fields are updated

The first time you import a ReqIF, any modules that don't exist will be created, but then after that you'll need to set them up for update, as above.

If you want to repeatedly import the information, you're going to have to set up a ReqIF definition and do a fake export of that definition before importing the new data. Exporting a ReqIF from the system locks the objects and fields and marks them as being available for update during the merge after you import a second time

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.