It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ETM – table view filtering for linked requirement fields/attributes

Ralf Mueller (112) | asked Dec 08 '23, 4:05 a.m.
edited Dec 08 '23, 4:08 a.m.

Hi,

Is there a possibility to filter directly in ETM table view for fields/attributes which are part of a linked requirement?

Best regards,

Ralf  

5 answers

permanent link
HuaXiao Jiang (434) | answered Dec 11 '23, 1:20 a.m.

Hi, what do you mean by a table view, similar to a query? Or is your actual requirement to filter out all test cases with linked requirements?

Comments
Ralf Mueller commented Dec 13 '23, 9:53 a.m.

Hi,

I mean filtering in the ETM list view for test cases which are linked to requirements via  "Validates Requirements" relationship and these requirements could include custom fields e.g. ASIL. Basically I want to filter in ETM for requirements with ASIL A values.

permanent link
HuaXiao Jiang (434) | answered Dec 13 '23, 9:11 p.m.
HI,
    There are two places that you may need:

1. There are also ASIL level attributes in the test case view. Since it is related to the requirements, I think it can be consistent during design, and directly filtering is the result you want

2.In RS, by filtering data and adding conditions, test cases should be filtered out, including the requirements associated with the test cases (filtered by the ASIL level of the requirements). I will try this first, theoretically it is possible

permanent link
HuaXiao Jiang (434) | answered Dec 13 '23, 9:15 p.m.
Hi
    I have verified that RS is directly feasible

permanent link
HuaXiao Jiang (434) | answered Dec 13 '23, 9:40 p.m.
If necessary, I can help you take a look at the entire meeting, but there may be a time difference

permanent link
Niklas Schimpe (11) | answered Feb 16, 5:42 a.m.

Hello, 

I have the same problem. It is really annoying when you have to set all tags in the ETM manually and cannot simply inherit them from the linked requirements (In the old Door's bequeath was possible).

If something like this is planned for next release, please include the following:
There should also be the possibility to decide which one to take if there are different attributes values. 

Example if a linked requirement is "ASIL A" and another requirement is "QM" -> test case in ETM should be "ASIL A" 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 16, 6:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please consider creating your own question. Answering someone's question with your own question makes no sense. Also consider to ask a question that can be answered. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.