It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Code Review supporting languages

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10287273) | asked Sep 25 '23, 11:20 a.m.

Good Morning,

I haven't looked at Code Review for a while. Is there a page or links that can give me the supported languages supported for Code Review for:

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 26 '23, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I am aware, the supported languages usually do not change, You can find the supported languages in the system requirements. You can find the system requirements on the Getting Started Tab. Open the System requirements and search for Languages on that page.

Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Oct 02 '23, 8:31 a.m.

Thanks for responding...I'm sorry, I meant programming languages. When I first started looking at Code Review in 6.x, on it's initial release, it supported a handful of languages:

C,
Java,
etc

And they mentioned future support for additional languages in the upcoming releases. Is there a link for that? I'm sorry if I'm not seeing it in the documentation or notes.... 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 04 '23, 3:05 a.m.

That I don't know. Good question. 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 04 '23, 9:10 a.m.

Code review supports almost all text base files (like .java, .js, .css etc) except binary files. But there should be content-type set for every file to display it automatically or user need to click on button to show difference.

The implementation uses https://microsoft.github.io/monaco-editor/  the list of languages is too long for here, recently there were changes, but I do not know the specifics. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.