It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM ELM installation using trial keys, does it create any compliance issue in the future?

Vikrant-S Kamble (1111) | asked Sep 04 '23, 9:23 a.m.

I am installing IBM ELM 7.0.2 SR1 release along with trial keys which comes with installation package, I am installing it on local system (laptop provided by organization) for custom development purpose for example developing RTC plugins and DNG widgets etc. Once trial keys expires (after 60 days) I will uninstall current server and install new ELM 7.0.2 SR1 again to continue with development and testing. The process will go on i.e. I will reinstall ELM every 60 days. Does it create any compliance issue in terms of licensing. I will not be using any paid license, I will only use trial license which comes with installation package.

Is there any commercial angle involved to use IBM ELM and reinstall it after trial license expiry on local system.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 11 '23, 3:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I am aware you can uninstall and fresh install using the evaluation licenses as often as you want. 

For EWM extensions development, you can use the 10 Free Licenses. These licenses are only needed to run a test server. To develop and test extensions you use the licenses you set up in the development environment.  

Dependent on the licenses you use in your company, It might be possible to use the normal licenses against a test server for development as well. If you need special test licenses for this type of development, I would suggest to get in contact with your sales representative and ask about what conditions apply. In the past there were special agreements to re-use licenses for test servers, but you want to make sure to understand the rules that apply. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.