It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I add a code block to a Work Item description ?

Léopold Robichon (11) | asked Jul 20 '23, 6:35 a.m.

Is there a way to add a code block to a Work Item description (like in stack overflow questions for example) ? This can be very useful to explicit a feature or to explain how to reproduce a bug.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 20 '23, 6:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What does the question have to do with this context? What is the purpose of this question? What is the use case? What is the business value? 

There are APIs available that allow to update a work item description and other attributes. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding for available APIs

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jul 20 '23, 6:57 a.m.

If the code fragment is small, I tend to include it in the work item description and use Courier fixed font for that text. However, descriptions are limited to 65535 bytes. So if the code fragment is too long to include, I just add it as an attachment and then add a link to that attachment in the description.

Comments
Léopold Robichon commented Jul 20 '23, 7:32 a.m.

Thanks for your answer. Using the Courier fixed font could do the job. However I cannot find how to change the font. I can only toggle to italic and bold. I am using EWM 7.0.2. Does font change is available in a more recent version ?

David Honey commented Jul 20 '23, 7:52 a.m. | edited Jul 20 '23, 7:52 a.m.
I think you have to enable extended rich text on work items. Go to your EWM admin page...Advanced Properties... and set the Enable extended rich text presentation property to true.

Léopold Robichon commented Jul 21 '23, 2:13 p.m.

I have asked my administrator to enable the rich text presentation but he refused because it is not compatible with the Eclipse Client. I will have to use attachments for the code examples.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.