It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting workitems with OSLC API

Samir Silva (1) | asked Jun 05 '23, 1:48 p.m.

Hello,

Is there a way to delete/remove a workitem through the OSLC API?
I was able to create and update an existing workitem but I wasn't able to delete a workitem, I tried changing the state of a workitem but that is not working because there is no "Delete" state.
I can't find anything in the documentation for OSLC API 1.0 and 2.0 so is this delete action even supported and if so how could I do that other than deleting the workitem directly in the browser?

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Jun 05 '23, 1:52 p.m.

Check your role permissions in the project area. Delete Work Item is generally not enabled by default.

Comments
Samir Silva commented Jun 05 '23, 2:07 p.m.

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your response, I know that I need some permissions to delete a workitem.
My question is, assuming that I have the correct role/permissions, How can I delete a workitem using the OSLC API? because I can't find any documentation for that, I know how to add/update a workitem, add comments, add links/subscribers, but I don't know yet how to delete.
I reviewed the OSLC_CM 1.0 and OSLC_CM 2.0 but can't find anything yet related to deleting a work item.

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Jun 05 '23, 2:07 p.m.

If its supported by an OSLC server (DELETE is optional), it would be just and HTTP DELETE. OSLC doesn't add anything special. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.