It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filter Search condition in Query View (CCM area ELM )

Yukti Bhat (261) | asked Mar 28 '23, 5:04 a.m.

In query view when I am trying to filter search it is considering one attribute column for  searching the results 

But I want it to consider another attribute column for fetching the results based on filter search 

My question :
Is there a way to change the condition for filter search ?
If yes how to change that condition by which filter search works ?.

I'm not looking for parameter querying here.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 28 '23, 5:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yuki,

What tool are you using, which UI, what do you do in detail, which versions of the tools. 
Provide the necessary details in a structured way others can follow. If your question is shorter than my suggestions on how to enhance your question, something is going very wrong.

Yukti Bhat commented Mar 29 '23, 1:19 a.m.

I am using IBM engineering JTS, CCM project area

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 29 '23, 2:09 a.m.

Not even close, not by far. Good luck. 

Yukti Bhat commented Mar 29 '23, 2:46 a.m.

For example, we are using CCM area in the IBM engineering JTS, there is a work item called query. Here in this query, when we run the query it displays some columns.

If you have to find out certain things from the query you can use the filter box and type the word you want to search..but this filter box filters out things based on only one column.
For example:
There are 4 columns 
Id, Summary, data, date
The filter considers only Summary column when search the work typed in filter box.
Is there any way to use other columns as well?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 29 '23, 4:15 a.m.

This explanation is confusing on so many levels.

1. CCM project areas do not live in the JTS, dashboards live.
  2. There are no work items called "query" usually. There are work item queries. 
If you run a work item query, the filter field is for finding text, nothing else. 
If you want, you can sort exactly one column (if the content is sortable, that is).
If you want to search for more columns, create a query from the existing one and refine the conditions. 
You can make the query conditions parameters in a query to be able to reuse it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.