It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC CCM: There were problems modifying links that require the referenced resource to maintain a back link

Manohar Jha (153) | asked Feb 02 '23, 12:20 a.m.

I'm trying to integrate RTC 7.0.3 Milestone 26 with home made OSLC CM content provider, but unfortunately have a problem with updating back links.

I already succeeded to make my OSLC CM content provider to be a Friend with CCM, created a new Association for Related Change Requests in corresponding Change Management project, and linked an existing Work Item with some Related Change Request coming from my OSLC CM content provider.

My problem is that when I'm trying to Save the Work Item changes (just after linking) I got Save error message saying "There were problems modifying links that require the referenced resource to maintain a back link."

I can skip this phase by choosing the last option "Store changes to the links without updating back links", but I'm interested to track such modifications in my OSLC CM content provider with backlink and prevent from seeing such error message.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 02 '23, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have no idea, but from the error message I would deduce that the CCM server is trying to access the other system which fails. Consider using a proxy to understand the request that is sent to your other system about the back link and make sure this request can be executed. 

David Honey commented Feb 02 '23, 5:14 a.m. | edited Feb 02 '23, 5:14 a.m.

Have you looked in ccm.log for any clues as to the error?

Ian Barnard commented Feb 02 '23, 5:24 a.m.

Does your integration work better with a GA such as 7.0.2SR1? I'm not about to click your sharepoint link - whatever's in there of any significance should be visible in your question so please edit important info into your question. The most likely cause of the error is the a rejection of the GET then PUT by EWM of the resource in your app being linked to in order to create the backlink. Maybe the user doesn't have write permission on the resaource in your app?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 02 '23, 5:55 a.m.

Its an image, unfortunately you can not attach images with that reputation and image attachment is also buggy. 

Manohar Jha commented Feb 02 '23, 6:02 a.m.

It was working fine with 7.0.2 version and user have jazz-admin read/write permission

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 02 '23, 8:48 a.m.

Note, that Jazz Admin has nothing to do with permissions. Jazz Admin does not grant you any role. 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.