It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query on Duplicate Test plan option in ETM

Rajat Krishnan (70116) | asked Mar 23 '23, 7:57 a.m.
Hello,
My usecase :

I am trying to copy a test plan(with state as approved) which has linked test case(with state as approved), test case execution record and test case results , now when I select duplicate option inorder to copy the test plan from one project area to another project area, i see the state of test plan and linked test case is moved to Draft, why is so??

My second query is when i copy test case with linked test case execution record to another project area, it copies only the test case but not the test case execution record?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 23 '23, 8:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I did not design this, but I can share an informed opinion, I think. 

In a quality management system, if you copy or duplicate things such as Test Plans, Test Suites, Test Cases etc. and they have a state, my assumption would be that the duplicates are considered as new items with respect to the test execution. Also, because this is a new copy, it will likely be modified and it is not approved yet.

This is what you are seeing. The new testplan was seeded with the information of the original and is now available for you to change it as needed. The new Test Case is now available seeded with information from the other one, but as it was never executed, there is no test case execution result for it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.