It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to a project areas to an already existing global configuration

mike jojo (132) | asked Feb 07 '23, 4:11 p.m.

Hi,

I create a new project area called: XXX Project. There is already an existing global Configuration with two main streams (Main Stream for QM and EMBEDDED Main Stream for RM).

I want to add the new created project area XXX Project, into the existing global configuration, it is possible? if not what could advise? 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 08 '23, 3:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to configure the association between the GC project area and the project areas you want to add: https://jazz.net/clmhelp/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_adding_associations_web.html

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Feb 08 '23, 3:30 a.m.
You only add configurations as contributions to global configurations. You cannot add a project area.

Are you trying to add a configuration from that new project area rather than the project area itself?
If so, see Ralph's answer above.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 08 '23, 3:34 a.m.

IMHO, you can add project areas, including GC, as artifact containers in the lifecycle project. I have not tested this yet. 

David Honey commented Feb 08 '23, 3:45 a.m.

Yes, that's true Ralph. But then you are adding the project area to a lifecycle project, not to a global configuration. My point was that the original question didn't use the right terminology, which left it open to interpretation, and we're both guessing what the real question was.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 09 '23, 2:30 a.m.

Agreed. 

mike jojo commented Feb 13 '23, 6:56 a.m.

As you can see below, i have an existing global configuration, i want to add a new created project area into the global configuration, how to do it? 

This project cannot be shown because it is either not in the current global configuration or it has been archived.
hide details
ID CRRRW7813W  Only non-archived projects that are in the current global configuration can be shown. 

David Honey commented Feb 13 '23, 7:25 a.m. | edited Feb 13 '23, 7:27 a.m.
Which application are you using when you see the error?
What action and/or dialog are you using?
What gesture(s) are you performing on that dialog?
When is the error message shown?
Walk us through the steps you are performing.

As I mentioned previously, you cannot add project areas to global configurations. You can only add configurations (global or local) to a global configuration. So it's not clear exactly what you are trying to do. Some screenshots would help.

mike jojo commented Feb 14 '23, 7:08 a.m.

i cannot add screenshots because i receive a message saying that: uploading images is limited to users with >60 reputation points

David Honey commented Feb 14 '23, 8:28 a.m.
Which application are you using when you see the error?
What action and/or dialog are you using?
What gesture(s) are you performing on that dialog?

When is the error message shown?
Walk us through the steps you are performing.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.